Google Adsense

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I tell my daughter to stop shopping so much?

Collapse

MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I tell my daughter to stop shopping so much?

I’m not the type to confront people. I allow things to happen for as long as they are reasonable. So yeah, I barely say no to my family. But I’m very keen when it comes to saving money. I’m getting concerned about my daughter’s shopping routine. She goes around and blows her bank account. She is not careful about these shopping sprees and ends up spending too much. We still give her money in addition for her daily expenses and she has her own salary. I understand that she’s earning quite low so I don’t get why she shops so much, too much actually. She ends up asking us for extra money. I always bring this up to my wife but she never does anything about it. I have also told my sister, since she’s very close to my daughter, to help me in talking to her about the need to save money but my sister is too busy. I’m getting so frustrated because I have no idea how to confront my own child about her actions. I need advice for this. Don’t know what to do.

Originally posted by masonhall73 View Post
    I’m not the type to confront people. I allow things to happen for as long as they are reasonable. So yeah, I barely say no to my family. But I’m very keen when it comes to saving money. I’m getting concerned about my daughter’s shopping routine. She goes around and blows her bank account. She is not careful about these shopping sprees and ends up spending too much. We still give her money in addition for her daily expenses and she has her own salary. I understand that she’s earning quite low so I don’t get why she shops so much, too much actually. She ends up asking us for extra money. I always bring this up to my wife but she never does anything about it. I have also told my sister, since she’s very close to my daughter, to help me in talking to her about the need to save money but my sister is too busy. I’m getting so frustrated because I have no idea how to confront my own child about her actions. I need advice for this. Don’t know what to do.
    i suggest you take her on a date and explain to her that things have to change,i had the same problem with hubby he never said no to me,never knew he was struggling to raise our new family and that he never had so much cash as i thought!he had made me to believe he has a lot of money by taking us out for dinner 3times a week,holidays every month for a week,all this never knew how much he had in his bank account till one day he explained to me things weren't as good as i though.i understood him and now we have saved lot and we are able to do better things and i also help where i can.Explain to here that she is over shopping ,she might get mad but after sometimes she will understand

Comment

You must realize you are the father here, and a father is a boss over his daughter. So, tell her anyway you can to stop squandering money.

Comment

Originally posted by lisabib View Post

i suggest you take her on a date and explain to her that things have to change,i had the same problem with hubby he never said no to me,never knew he was struggling to raise our new family and that he never had so much cash as i thought!he had made me to believe he has a lot of money by taking us out for dinner 3times a week,holidays every month for a week,all this never knew how much he had in his bank account till one day he explained to me things weren't as good as i though.i understood him and now we have saved lot and we are able to do better things and i also help where i can.Explain to here that she is over shopping ,she might get mad but after sometimes she will understand
        This is actually a great idea. Thanks a lot! I hope she gets to understand me and respect my decision towards her addiction with shopping. Well, wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by masonhall73 View Post

This is actually a great idea. Thanks a lot! I hope she gets to understand me and respect my decision towards her addiction with shopping. Well, wish me luck!
          Success my friend and you should give her time to digest it

Comment

When I worked and lived at home, I had to pay for room and board every week and my parents didn't give me money.
            I think you might do well to get your wife on board. My parents showed us a united front so that we kids couldn't play one parent off the other. It was a very good system!

Comment

Working...
            X