MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help impressing my boss.

I recently started my new job at this large accounting firm and really want to be on good terms with my boss. I heard from a lot of my office buddies that she can be really demanding and will usually assign a lot of overtime hours for employees that work hard. Since my wife just gave birth to our second baby girl, I really need those extra hours to earn more money.

Like I said, it’s a big company so the higher ups won’t really notice you if you don’t put in the effort or have been there long enough. My question now is, how do I impress my boss to get those extra hours? Any good tips for getting the attention of Lima women?

Complete the tasks everyone forgets

There are little things in every workplace that everybody forgets, from specific work processes that get overlooked to maintenance issues like turning the fans on in the morning. We're not saying you should be the one who cleans up the coffee station every morning, but you can pitch in and take some pride in your work area. Looking for an easy way to implement this? Learn how to unjam the copy machine. Check out the steps online, and next time you head over to the machine and discover that one of your coworkers has thoughtfully jammed it in zones A, B and C without clearing it, you can roll up your sleeves and solve it. It won't take long for this type of etiquette to be noticed.

Comment

Even if you're in an industry that you don't plan on being in forever, you should know your business. It's what you do every day, so you may as well be the best at it. This includes knowing the industry. When a news story covers your industry, clip the article and e-mail a scan of it to everyone on your team, boss included. Showing that you're aware of your business' place in the larger world shows you have your eye on the big picture — that's a good message to send to your boss.

Comment

I just really need a way to get some extra hours. We're not really allowed to work longer unless we are told to do so. I'm not aiming to be a star employee, just... you know... extra hours for extra money in.

Comment

Working...
        X