Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying sister pestering me to date again

RomanceDictionary.com
    How do you make your own sibling get off your back? She’s been too annoying lately about my love life. She’s pestering me to go back in the dating scene, saying she’s tired of me moping around. I broke up with my ex-fiancee almost half a year ago of course I would mope. It’s not like I didn’t love her and that I didn’t plan on spending my life with her, right? Six months is too short to move on from something like that.

It was quite a love story to tell. She doesn’t want kids and I do. End of our love story. We both saw it as a difference that we can’t fix even in the long run. So we decided to call the engagement off and just break up. It was an amicable split but it doesn’t hurt any less. I just want my sister to see this in my perspective so she could stop pestering me about dating. I don’t want to date now, not just yet. Maybe someday but not soon.

If you don't want to date now, then let her know so that she can stop pestering you. I will suggest you respond with anger the next time she brings up the issue.

Comment

She cares so much about you, hence she is pestering you. Maybe you should consider dating again.

Comment

Thank your sister for her concern. Assure her that you will date again when you are ready. Then explain that while you appreciate her wanting you to be happy, her pestering you to date is annoying & you wish she would stop. If she doesn't respect that, stop talking to her for a while.

Comment

RomanceDictionary.com
          Have a conversation with her.
          Her pestering you isn`t helping your mental state. You thought you were going to marry your fiancé, of course you`re not going to move on in a matter of months. That`s a devastating blow you have to recover from. If she doesn`t respect your words, I`d get mad at her next time. It`s not okay, it`s not helpful, and it`s really insensitive and rude of her.

Comment

Working...
          X