Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I give up?

RomanceDictionary.com
    I’ll try to keep this short, but I’m having a tough time dealing with this issue. But…I feel like I should tell you a little bit about myself to help you understand the issue.

My name is Erica, I am a junior in college and I am one of those people that HATES sharing my feelings/emotions. I never even tell my closest friends or family members. I am scared. Scared of rejection, being laughed at or not taken seriously. And I guess that is the reason why I have never had a serious relationship before.

Well end of last semester I met this guy and he remembered me from one of his classes that we apparently took together. He said he thought I was extremely attractive and just never had the chance to talk to me. So we started talking. We hung out at bars together and we had so much fun. I would meet up with him, but we never really got that far lol. We have the same sense of humor and love making jokes. I really liked hanging out with him a lot.

Fast forward to this summer, we continued talking. We Facetimed 3/4 times a week for about 3 hours each time. He would call me “babe and I can’t wait to see you. We are going to have a great year together.” I met his parents through FaceTime, he has talked to my sisters on the phone. He mentioned dating me. And the only reason why we didn't see each other is because I was interning in another state this summer.

Anyway, All of this shit. But…he would throw things in saying “I have 3 girls that Im talking to” blah blah blah. And I would say I don’t care (cause I didn’t mind that much) and then he would be like but I want you to care. CONFUSING AS HELL.

So this went on for the whole summer. Now back at school, we aren’t talking.I cut him off.

Because he took a girl home, right in front of me. I confronted him and he said that he didn’t do anything.

And we had a whole long discussion but basically I told him that I liked him and he responded “I don’t want any drama and think we should be friends” “Sorry for leading you on” LIKE WHAT?!?!?!

He texted me later that night saying that there are feelings there but he won’t say I like you to me. So I cut him off.

Should I have done that? I really really really like the kid and its been only a week and I just want to text him, call him, see him and hang out with him.

HELP ME WHAT DO I DO??

Originally posted by hopelesshelp
    He texted me later that night saying that there are feelings there but he won’t say I like you to me. So I cut him off.
    You did the right thing by cutting him off. He took you for granted, hence he said that to you.

I will suggest you get another guy, because he isn't right for you.

Comment

Originally posted by hopelesshelp
      And we had a whole long discussion but basically I told him that I liked him and he responded “I don’t want any drama and think we should be friends” “Sorry for leading you on” LIKE WHAT?!?!?!
      This guy obviously doesn't like you enough to be his girlfriend. So, if you are considering a romantic relationship with him, you will eventually get hurt. However, if you just want to be friends with him, then it's okay to still hang around him.

Comment

RomanceDictionary.com
        He's just beating around the bush. Find a man not a kid. Kids or boys like that are high school girls. Get yourself a man who has integrity. I wouldn't suggest hanging out with him. Subconsciously you're just trying to get back with him because of your emotions. You have to take a step back logically as hard as it seems. But just a little goes a major way.

Comment

Working...
        X