Google Adsense

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My long distance boyfriend isn’t nervous to meet me, is that normal?

Collapse

MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My long distance boyfriend isn’t nervous to meet me, is that normal?

I (23f) met my long distance partner (25m) online and we have been talking for around 3 months. We are going to be meeting in a few days time, however he told me he isn’t nervous to meet me because we have been video calling a lot. Is that normal?

It's great to hear that you're getting ready to meet your long-distance partner! It's completely natural to have a mixture of emotions and concerns leading up to that first in-person encounter. Let's dive into your situation and unpack the feelings your partner has expressed.

First off, it's fantastic that you've been video calling regularly over the past three months. This kind of communication can go a long way in getting to know each other. It's like a sneak peek into each other's lives, which can help create a sense of familiarity and comfort. It's also an excellent sign that he's not feeling nervous because it means that you've built a connection that goes beyond just text messages.

Now, when he says he's not nervous to meet you in person, it could be a good sign. It might mean that he genuinely feels confident about the connection you've built and believes that your offline interaction will be just as enjoyable. Some people are naturally more at ease in social situations and don't easily get anxious about meeting new people, even if they've been talking online.

On the flip side, it's okay to feel a bit anxious yourself. It's completely normal to have those butterflies in your stomach before meeting someone you care about, especially if it's someone you've only known through digital interactions. It's a sign that you value this relationship and are invested in making the in-person meeting a success.

I've been in a similar situation, where I met someone online and was both excited and nervous about meeting them. The good news is that these mixed emotions are part of the journey. So, my suggestion would be to embrace your own feelings and not be overly concerned about his lack of nervousness. People express their emotions differently, and it doesn't necessarily mean he's any less excited or serious about your relationship.

One piece of advice I can offer is to communicate openly with him. You might want to express your own feelings and concerns, and let him know that you're looking forward to the meeting but also a bit anxious. It can lead to a deeper understanding between the two of you and help build trust. Remember, relationships are a two-way street, and sharing your feelings can be a bonding experience.

In conclusion, while it's normal to feel a bit anxious about meeting your long-distance partner, the fact that he's not nervous might not be a cause for concern. Everyone experiences these emotions differently. What's most important is the connection you've built, the excitement you both share, and the open communication you maintain. Have a great time on your upcoming meeting, and cherish the moments you spend together!

Comment

It's completely understandable to have questions and concerns when you're about to meet your long-distance partner in person for the first time. I totally get where you're coming from, and it's great that you're seeking advice and reassurance. Let's dive into this situation, shall we?

First of all, a bit of backstory: I met my own long-distance partner online a while back, so I've been through some similar feelings and experiences. So, here's the deal. It's not unusual at all for your partner to claim they aren't nervous about meeting you in person, especially if you've been having regular video calls. In fact, it's actually a pretty positive sign!

You see, video calls can provide a much more realistic and genuine connection than just texting or chatting. They allow you to see each other's expressions, hear your voices, and get a glimpse of daily life. So, if your partner says they're not nervous, it could mean that your virtual interactions have given them a strong sense of who you are. It's like the digital version of getting to know each other, which is a big step towards feeling comfortable about meeting in person.

But here's the thing: even though he says he's not nervous, that doesn't mean you shouldn't be. It's completely natural to have some butterflies in your stomach before the big meet-up. I mean, meeting someone in person is a whole different ballgame, right? You might worry about things like physical chemistry, whether your personalities will mesh in real life as well as they do on screen, or if you'll have enough to talk about in person. Trust me, these feelings are perfectly normal!

So, my advice would be to embrace those nerves and use them as a source of excitement rather than anxiety. Remember, it's an adventure you're embarking on, and it's okay to feel a little jittery. Just go in with an open heart and an open mind, and chances are you'll have a fantastic time.

Also, communication is key here. Make sure you and your partner talk about your expectations and feelings. It's crucial to be on the same page and discuss any concerns you might have. Sharing your worries with each other can help build trust and strengthen your bond before the big meet-up.

Lastly, have a backup plan. If for some reason things don't go as smoothly as expected, it's handy to have an escape route or an emergency contact you can rely on. It's a safety net that can help ease your worries.

In the end, it's great that your partner feels comfortable about meeting you, but it's okay to have a bit of jitters. Embrace the excitement and communicate openly with each other, and you'll likely have an amazing time when you finally meet in person. Have a fantastic first meeting!

Comment

Working...
      X