MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible cheating, what should i do?

TL;TD: My bf of 3 months still talks to his ex from a year ago which he briefly dated, that ex admitted to having feelings for him, how should i react and should i believe what my bf tells me?

Long story short, my first real relationship was 3 years ago and it was traumatizing, i got cheated on a lot and emotionally and mentally abused/manipulated. I’m bi and i met my current boyfriend 3 months ago and been very happy with him. His ex, a guy he dated very briefly a year ago and with whom he remained friends, talkin to each other ever since, told him that he still had feelings for him. I talked about it with my bf and how it made me feel and he asked me a lot of times what he could do to make me feel better about it, proposed that he stopped talking to him and is very comprehensive about it which is great. I feel that i compete against him now even tho he says it’s not the case. He never gets angry about it and is very open and transparent, proposes to show me the messages and so on. Although he makes a lot of efforts and isn’t someone that lies and certainly wouldn’t force himself to be with me as i’m not a replacement or some time passing in his eyes. But i can’t help but feel like somethings off, i generally have a lot of anxiety and am still traumatized by all the people that used to lie to me so i can’t figure out if there’s really a reason to worry and that he is truthful or if there’s a reason to stress. I often have irrational fears and see problems where their are none. What should i do? Anyone having a similar experience ? Every answer helps, thank yall

Since he's transparent about his conversation with his ex and his attitude hasn't changed towards you, you shouldn't worry about anything.

He probably left his ex initially for a reason, so there is no way he would choose him over you.

Comment

I think you are getting it all wrong by feeling that you are competing against him. You're definitely a better person, hence your boyfriend chose to be with you instead of his ex.

You need to be confident in yourself because this is the only way to be attractive to your boyfriend. The moment you lose your self confidence and feel his ex is better than you, then you begin to be less attractive your boyfriend.

Comment

Accept his proposal to stop talking to his ex boyfriend. He should understand why this is unacceptable behavior.

Comment

Working...
        X