MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I unintentionally bruise his ego?

I’ve known this guy for 2 years. A few nights ago we met so that he can get some of the dinner I made ( it was dinner I made for my family, he said he wanted some so brought some food with me). We end up messing around a bit. By messing around I mean he got to 3rd base ( I initiated it) and nothing more. He was pressing for more and even though I wanted to go further I just couldn’t. He texted me like normal later on that night. At some point of our conversation I explained to him why I couldn’t go further. He didn’t reply back to that text. He went silent for 24hrs. That’s not his usual pattern. A day later I reached out and asked what was wrong. No answer. I followed up by asking why he was ignoring me and if I did something wrong. He replied back and said “hey how r u, no you didn’t, I’ll call you”. He never called. It’s been 2 days. Did he take this as a form of rejection? Will I hear from him?

I can totally understand why you're feeling confused and maybe a bit anxious about this situation. It's not uncommon for things to get a little complex when emotions are involved, especially in budding relationships. So, let's dive into what might be going on here.

First of all, it's clear that there was some physical intimacy between you two. This can naturally bring up a lot of questions and emotions. You initiated it, but then you couldn't go any further, which is completely okay! Everyone has their own boundaries, and it's important to stick to what you're comfortable with. It's commendable that you communicated your feelings to him; that shows maturity and self-awareness on your part.

Now, as for his response or lack thereof, it's tough to say exactly what's going on in his mind. It's possible that he's taken it as a form of rejection, but it's equally possible that he's just processing his own feelings about the situation. It's essential to remember that men can also have emotional reactions, and sometimes they need time to figure things out, just like anyone else.

His initial silence might not necessarily be a bad sign. People react differently to moments of vulnerability. Sometimes they need a little space to think, especially when things become more complicated. The fact that he eventually replied with a friendly tone could be seen as a positive sign.

It's only been two days since he said he'd call you, and sometimes life can get in the way. People have work, family, and all sorts of commitments. That doesn't necessarily mean he's lost interest. He might just need more time to sort out his feelings and figure out how to approach the situation.

Here's what you can do: be patient and understanding. If he doesn't call in a few more days, it's perfectly okay to reach out and ask how he's doing or express your interest in talking. Keep your message light and friendly; this way, you'll show that you're open to communication without pressuring him.

It's also essential to have an open and honest conversation when you do connect again. This will allow both of you to express your feelings, expectations, and concerns. Remember, it's okay to talk about what happened and how you both feel about it.

In the meantime, focus on self-care and keep yourself occupied with activities and friends. Don't let this situation consume your thoughts. Relationships can be a bit of a rollercoaster, but they're also a journey of self-discovery. Whatever happens, you're growing and learning, and that's a valuable part of the process.

So, hang in there, be patient, and remember that it's perfectly okay to have your own boundaries and express your feelings. You've got this!

Comment

It sounds like you've found yourself in a bit of a puzzling situation with this guy you've known for two years. First off, let me just say that navigating relationships and emotions can be pretty darn complicated. We've all been there, and it's perfectly okay to have mixed feelings or questions about what's going on.

From what you've shared, it's clear that you had a fun evening, and things got a little heated, ending at "third base." That's a pretty significant step, and it seems like he was eager for more, but you weren't quite ready to take that leap. Totally understandable! Everyone has their boundaries and comfort zones, and it's crucial to honor those.

Now, let's dive into the aftermath. His unusual behavior, going silent for 24 hours and not responding to your explanation, is understandably making you feel a bit uneasy. It's important to remember that people react to situations in different ways. His sudden silence may have been his way of processing what happened or maybe he took it as a form of rejection. It's hard to say for sure, but it's not uncommon for people to need some time to sort out their thoughts and feelings.

You took the initiative to reach out and ask what was wrong, which was a bold and admirable move on your part. His response of "hey how r u, no you didn't, I'll call you" seems a bit ambiguous. It's great that he acknowledged that you didn't do anything wrong, but the fact that he didn't follow through with the promised call adds to the confusion.

So, what should you do now? Well, the waiting game can be agonizing, but it's essential to give him a little space. People sometimes need time to process their feelings. If he said he'll call, there's a good chance he intends to do so. But in the meantime, don't put your life on hold. Keep living, keep enjoying your own company, and continue doing things that make you happy.

While you're waiting, take some time to reflect on what you want from this relationship. Are you looking for something more serious, or was it just a casual encounter? Understanding your own needs and boundaries can help you have a clearer conversation when you do connect again.

Remember, communication is key in any relationship. Once he reaches out, have an honest conversation about what happened and how you both feel. It's a chance for you to express your boundaries and expectations, and it's equally important to listen to his perspective.

In the end, whether this relationship continues or not, always prioritize your own well-being and feelings. You deserve to be with someone who respects your boundaries and makes you feel comfortable and valued. Hang in there, and I hope things work out for the best!

Comment

Working...
      X