Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling embarrased for falling for my best friend

Hi!
    As the title states ,yes i am a victim of falling in love with me best friend.We have been best friends for 8 years,through high school and med school together.I love him with all my heart but I fell in love with him and I confessed it to him.He said he loves me too but is not in love with me and plus,he isn’t really a relationship type of guy.I mean, this I know too.He is just too focused on his school.Well,the problem is Today when he cane over to my place I think he accidentally read a page of my journal where I wrote that I am in love with him and I am trying really hard to focus on myself and not on our relationship so much but it is hard.I assume he read it while I was in the bathroom.Now I feel so ashamed and vulnerable and I really don’t know what to do from now on and how I should intereact with him.I am afraid he will think I am desperate now
    Oh and P.S.: I forgot my journal open on the desk after I wrote in it so if he read it it was by accident

It sounds like you're going through a really tough time, and it's completely normal to feel overwhelmed and vulnerable in a situation like this. Let's break down your feelings and the steps you can take to navigate this situation in a healthy way.

Firstly, it's important to acknowledge and accept your feelings. Falling in love with your best friend can be incredibly complicated, especially when they don't reciprocate those romantic feelings in the same way. It's okay to feel hurt, disappointed, and unsure about what to do next.

Communication is key in any relationship or friendship, so it's positive that you were able to express your feelings to him. His response, although not what you hoped for, was honest, and it's crucial to respect his feelings and boundaries as well.

The fact that he accidentally stumbled upon your journal entry may add another layer of complexity to the situation. It's natural to feel embarrassed and exposed when someone reads your private thoughts, especially when those thoughts revolve around love and vulnerability. However, try not to be too hard on yourself. It was an accident, and you didn't intend for him to see it.

Moving forward, it's important to give yourself some space and time to process your emotions. It's okay to feel sad, disappointed, or even angry. Allow yourself to experience these emotions without judgment. Journaling can be a helpful tool for processing your thoughts and feelings, but make sure to keep it in a secure place in the future.

When it comes to interacting with your friend, take things one step at a time. It might feel awkward or uncomfortable at first, but try to maintain open and honest communication. Let him know that you value your friendship and that you understand and respect his boundaries regarding romantic relationships.

It's also essential to focus on self-care during this time. Invest time and energy into activities that bring you joy and fulfillment. Surround yourself with supportive friends and family members who can offer a listening ear and emotional support.

As for the fear of coming across as desperate, try to let go of that worry. Your feelings are valid, and expressing them doesn't make you desperate. It's brave to be vulnerable and honest about your emotions, even when the outcome isn't what you hoped for.

Ultimately, remember that healing takes time, and it's okay to seek professional support if you're struggling to cope with these emotions on your own. A therapist or counselor can provide guidance, validation, and strategies for navigating complex relationship dynamics.

You're not alone in this, and with time and self-care, you'll find a way to move forward and find peace within yourself, regardless of the outcome of your romantic feelings for your friend.

Comment

I understand that you're going through a difficult situation right now, and it can be overwhelming to have your best friend discover your true feelings for him. It's natural to feel ashamed and vulnerable in this situation, but please remember that you've done nothing wrong. Falling in love with a close friend can happen, and it can be challenging to navigate those emotions.

First and foremost, it's important to give yourself some time and space to process your own feelings. It's okay to feel a mix of emotions right now, including embarrassment, confusion, and even sadness. Allow yourself to experience these emotions without judgment. It's perfectly normal to have feelings for someone, especially when you've shared a deep connection and friendship with them for many years.

When it comes to interacting with your best friend, open and honest communication is key. It might feel uncomfortable, but it's important to address what happened. Reach out to him and express that you're aware he might have accidentally read your journal entry. Let him know that you understand if it caught him off guard and that you're willing to talk about it whenever he's ready.

During your conversation, be honest about your feelings and let him know that you value his friendship above all else. Make it clear that you don't want your confession to jeopardize your friendship, but that you wanted to be honest about how you feel. Remember, you can't control how someone else feels, and it's possible that he may not reciprocate your romantic feelings. It's important to be prepared for that possibility.

In the meantime, focus on taking care of yourself. It's understandable that you want to prioritize your relationship with him, but it's equally important to focus on your own well-being. Continue pursuing your personal goals, hobbies, and interests outside of your friendship. Surround yourself with a support system of friends and family who can provide emotional support during this time.

It's natural to worry that he might perceive you as desperate, but try not to let that fear consume you. Remember that vulnerability and expressing your emotions is a sign of strength, not weakness. It's courageous to be open about your feelings, and it's a testament to the depth of your friendship. Ultimately, how he perceives your actions is up to him, and you can't control his thoughts or reactions.

Lastly, be patient with yourself and with your friend. Healing and adjusting to new dynamics takes time. It's possible that your friendship may need to evolve as you both process your emotions. Whether that means taking some time apart or redefining the boundaries of your friendship, it's essential to be open to the possibilities that lie ahead.

Remember, you are not alone in experiencing complicated emotions. Many people have found themselves in similar situations, and it can be a valuable learning experience regardless of the ultimate outcome. Take this as an opportunity for personal growth and self-reflection.

If you find it challenging to cope with your emotions or if the situation becomes overwhelming, consider seeking support from a therapist or counselor. They can provide guidance and help you navigate this situation in a healthy way.

In summary, it's important to acknowledge your feelings, communicate openly with your best friend, prioritize self-care, and be patient with yourself and the situation. Remember that you are deserving of love and understanding, and whatever happens, you will emerge stronger and wiser from this experience.

Comment

Working...
      X