Google Adsense

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Any Lady Curious About Depo-Provera, Please Don't Use It for Birth Control!

Collapse

MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Any Lady Curious About Depo-Provera, Please Don't Use It for Birth Control!

For any ladies curious about depo, please don't use it! my doctor put me on it for two three month sessions and I was in so much pain and I was depressed and exhausted and just everything went wrong. please don't take depo! there's even law suits against it if you do some research

Same here, I even had really bad headaches

Comment

Me too! I had burning pain in my abdomen so bad I had to miss a whole bunch of school and the hospital checked me for all these diseases and utis but it never was anything. it's just not worth it I think for ladies to take the chance on the depo needle working for them when it seems like everyone has had crazy side effects with it. looking out for you guys!

Comment

Depo is the devil. It gave me bone pain. My bones hurt and I'd end the day just laying in bed awake in pain. Wtf.

Comment

Here to confirm that yes depo is the worst! I was on it for two years. I gained thirty pounds despite lots of exercise and a very healthy vegetarian diet. what's worse, my boyfriend almost broke up with me because my moods just went south. I was irritable, depressed, and just not me. immediately after going off the depo the mood fixed itself and I am losing weight!

Comment

I was on depo for 2 years and gained 20 pounds. got off of it because it was causing my horrible migraines. I started on Seasonique but I couldn't remember to take it so I switched back to Depo & gained another 40 pounds in 4 months. doctor said I was gaining too much weight & had to get off. I asked about the Nexplanon implant & was told it's the same amt of hormones as the depo so I would still be gaining the weight if I got on that. back on seasonique now & I love it! take pills for 3 months, get a very very light period, & back on it for another 3 months. haven't had any spotting, weight gain or headaches. also lost 10 pounds after a week or two of switching back to seasonique after getting off depo the second one

Comment

I've been on depo for three years and I love it! Completely stopped my period and haven't had any negative side effects from it! It is different for everybody. I got on it to stop my horrible cramps, and because the pill made me way too emotional. I totally love the depo shot. However, it can cause osteoporosis after 5 years so I wouldn't recommend being on it longer than that

Comment

I've been on depo for almost five years and it works wonderfully with me. Please remember that all bodies are different and just because you've had a bad experience with a birth control method doesn't make it bad for everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley View Post
                  I've been on depo for almost five years and it works wonderfully with me. Please remember that all bodies are different and just because you've had a bad experience with a birth control method doesn't make it bad for everybody else.
                  It's unfortunate because it does work for some people but it seems like it hurts more than it helps. plus, if you are having symptoms and you don't want it anymore, it's stuck in your system for three months. there are other long term birth controls like the implant or an iud that can be removed if you begin having symptoms and i would recommend trying those first. so many ladies have been through hell and back on this shot and i wouldn't wish the pain that i went through on any other lady.

Comment

I had the depo before and I was also a bad experience. ... I figured we get out periods for a reason or else we wouldn't have a period.... maybe not any issues now but later in the future that when they show up...happened to my aunts now in their almost 50s they have serious problems in there because of all the depo shots....and some never were able to have babies. So I stopped

Comment

I was only on it for 5 months and recently got off it. I have bone pain also. I have gone to multiple doctors trying to figure out what is causing it, but knowing some of you had bone pain because of depo is giving me some relief! (Not that you have it, but knowing what is causing the pain). Do you know when the pain stops?

Comment

I was on it for 6 months and the bone pain came on as I was getting off of it. I'd say it was about 2-3 months after that the pain stopped. for me. I went to the doctors too and they didn't know what was up. But depo is known to be bad for your bones. Maybe uping your calcium intake with help it subside faster? Hope you get to feeling better soon. It was a miserable time.

Comment

Everyone's body is different, it might have bothered you but it might not be a problem for others.

Comment

Working...
                          X