MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GF giving our baby her last name

So my gf and I are expecting. And yes it was not planned. We are in love. We were scarce at first but realize this will be a blessing. We are in our mid 30’s. Both of us want marriage. She is going to give the baby her last name. I want the baby to have my last name. She states ‘whatever her last name is that’s what her baby’s last name will be’. But that’s my baby too. To me if the father is in the picture and will always be in the picture, the baby should have his last name. That last name will never change. I feel like it’s disrespectful and a slap in the face. And hyphenated is not an option. Neither of us want that. This will be both of ours first child. I just always thought of my children having my last name. Anybody been in this situation before and how did things turn out? I love her and plan to propose but she could say no. And my child would never have my name. It’s very disheartening to think about. Any advice would help. Thanks

Come on! You are the MAN here, and if she wants the baby to have her last name; she's being disrespectful. So, you have no business been with a girl like that.

Comment

This is your first child, so you should be the one to name the child. Your girlfriend is just being disrespectful.

Comment

Sorry to say but because you aren't married, by law, the mother gets to choose the last name.

Comment

if only girlfriend name is on birth certificate babies name will automatically be same as her mother in most countries..Appears she is unsure that you fathered it to be so adamant about its last name being her family name. You have no legal rights concerning her fetus. Delve more into her reasoning behind this decision. Obviously she does not see a long future with you. Perhaps the real father isn't even you.In family breeding would drive such a thought. Is she unusually close to any particular family member?
          Last edited by bunnyhabit; 11-04-2018, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X