MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrying my 20-year old girlfriend

I know it’s still too early to marry someone you’ve been dating for only two months. Even if it’s “unusual” in someone’s mindset, for me it’s better doing it now than be sorry later. My girlfriend and I have been dating for two months now. She is still 20 years old that’s why it’s hard for us to settle down. Yes, I am way older than her (28 years of age gap)- truth that I want to change because it’s a barrier that keeps me from marrying her.

I met her through A Foreign Affair, a matchmaking service. In her age, I can say she is an ideal wife. She carries herself well. She is very responsible and reliable. Aside from her attitude, she’s also very beautiful and confident. These are the reasons how I come to love and appreciate her so much. And I think these are enough reasons to tie the knot!

We’ve talked about settling down… she’s thinking about immigrating here in the States and I would really love her to do that! I don’t want a long distance relationship! So far she’s positive in everything and is in favor of marriage. But… I’d like some opinions from someone else’s perspective. Is it really the time right to propose to her or am I rushing too much? Does age matter in things like this? Thanks for your responses!

Hi, there! I dated a man when I was 18, and he was 28 at the time. I liked him a lot; he liked me too. We dated for roughly a year and then decided to just keep it friendly because honestly, marriage (or serious commitment in general) is a very large step to take at such a young age (for myself at the very least). I said that to say this... Maybe she cares for you a lot and adores you just as much as you do her, and that’s great! However, maybe you should still wait it out a bit longer? I’d say give it at least 6 months or so... Most young people can barely hold a steady job for over a year... Make sure this is exactly what the both of you will want for a very long time before you attempt to do any knot-tying! LOL As time passes, your feelings may change, or she may decide that she isn’t finished having fun yet. Maybe it’s just me, but that would be my suggestion. I wish you both the best!

Comment

To tell you honestly, I do love her. Very much. I'm just scared of what if I would go for 6 months with her as you suggested...She sees another man?

Comment

How long you have dated her isn't a criteria to marry her or not. For someone who is good at studying peoples' behavior, you can meet a girl in 2 weeks and already know everything about her and decide to marry her. For someone who isn't good at studying peoples' behavior, you can date someone for 3 years and still be skeptical about marrying her.

So, if you know you already know her so well, then go ahead and marry her. And as for her age, age doesn't count when it comes to love. Love conquers all.

Comment

You are asking for trouble. Go talk to a competent immigration LAWYER. Before you can even think about marriage you have to resolve all of the immigration issues.

I promise if you marry some 20 year old by the time she's 25 she will have divorced you. She doesn't love you. She wants a green card.

Comment

Working...
          X