Google Adsense

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposing to my foreign girlfriend. Need suggestions!

Collapse

MillionaireMatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposing to my foreign girlfriend. Need suggestions!

My gf and I have been in a relationship for 1 year and 5 months already, and I think it’s time to ask her the question I’m longing to ask. I want to surprise her, and I hope this will be very memorable to her. She doesn’t know I’ll be flying to the Philippines to propose to her. I talked to her family about it and they’re excited! I told them not to talk about it when she’s around, I don’t want to spoil the event, it should be a big surprise to her. Now, would you agree about proposing to her like those mob events in youtube? It would be a great act! You know, her family dancing, and ta da! I come out, kneel and propose. I know it sounds cheesy but it’s sweet, right? Please help me with this!

Is this page full of mail order brides and stuff like this? Guys there are millions of local women single.

Comment

Honestly that sounds really overwhelming.
      She doesn't even know you're coming? I dunno. Some women would be into that I guess. But for me personally, just the surprise of you showing up unexpectedly for a visit, then proposing would be huge. Having the whole song and dance thing on top of it all sounds like too much. But that's just me. I think you should take into consideration what kind of women yours is, and if she'd genuinely like that kind of proposal, or if just the surprise and joy of seeing you would be enough.

Comment

You have a good plan. I support your idea because it's really going to be a surprise to her. She will forever live to remember that day.

Comment

Perhaps the most difficult part of proposing to your girlfriend is getting the timing right. If you do it before she's ready you risk being turned down, and if you wait too long, she may get frustrated and move on. However, there is a time when you can propose when she's ready but also before she expects it.

Before you propose it's a good idea to have a proposal related discussion with your girlfriend. This is assuming you are happy in the relationship and that marriage is something you'd be in favor of. If this is the case for you, consider bringing up the future and find out where she is hoping your relationship will progress to. In other words, use this discussion to make sure she wants to get married, wants to get married to you, and is or close to mentally and emotionally prepared for it.

Once you've got that out of the way, and are comfortable with her desire to marry you, you can start planning your proposal. It's at this point that you want to figure out a way to catch her off guard and propose before she's expecting you too. If you've hinted that you may be waiting for a certain milestone to take place (i.e. finish graduate school, new job to begin, etc.) consider proposing before that event. This will certainly be a surprise and you will get the maximum effect out of your proposal.

A marriage proposal should be an awesome moment for your girlfriend, one that she's not expecting but wants. The balance here can be very tricky, which is why you should have a good pulse on the status of your relationship. In order to effectively pull off a surprise proposal you need to do it just before she begins to expect it.

Comment

Sounds great! Anyway, if you are in need of photography and videography services around Shanghai for any special occassions soon, I know someone who can help. Get to know more about their services here: recquixit(dot)com

Comment

You are putting the cart before the horse. Do not propose until you have spoken with an immigration lawyer & learned exactly what will be entailed with relocating.

Comment

Working...
              X